Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Gutshot Straight-Lou Berney



Sheesh! This book was such fun! It reminded me of the Transporter, you know that Jason Statham movie. I really had a good time reading Gutshot! I'm not really all that into action-y kinda books, but this definitely surprised me! I had to sit in the waiting room of a repair shop for almost 8 hours (funtimes, man) and this book helped me stay sane. It was fast paced and had a good mix of action and a little romance as well, but nothing too gushy so guys it's still safe!

The main characters were cool and edgy. Shake was a well written character that really seemed..well real. Gina was pretty tough and all take charge. She had some moments where you don't really like her but then she does something that changes your mind. Even the minor characters are quirky. I mean some of the names made me giggle out loud! (Dick Moby, Vader and his brother Darth, etc.)

All in all, this book gets an A for Awesome! I liked it very much and think anyone that loves action movies or books would get a kick out of it. It's well worth the read!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!