Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Review-Angel and Apostle


This book...WOW! Beautifully written and such a wonderful read. I can't describe how beautifully Deborah Noyes uses words. I devoured each and every word in this book. Noyes is quite masterful at catching your eye from the beginning and holding the attention til the last word. I couldn't stop reading this book!

I felt that Pearl as a character was a living breathing person who was neglected and tormented by her mother's past. She was treated as a little devil for sins that were not her own. She was teased and segregated by her peers and the one person whom she needed was frigid to her. I felt sorry for her and wanted to wrap her up in my arms and let her know she was okay. Cheesy as it sounds I really felt for that little girl. Of course she grows up and has her own issues to deal with but Pearl as a child is someone that demands sympathy.

I loved reading Pearl's story, from beginning to end I was completely in awe. The characters develop and change so beautifully. I really cannot say anything else other than this is a wonderfully written, well crafted book that I would highly recommend. Deborah Noyes has created a masterpiece in my opinion.

3 comments:

  1. Great review, I never heard of this book...I'll be adding it to my wishlist, thanks :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting! This book has instantly become one of my favorites! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just started this today, even though I've had it for two months! I'm only on page 7, and I'm so impressed with Noyes' writing. So beautiful. I didn't read your review but will come back later to read it after I'm done. Just want to avoid spoilers and I want to go into the book with my head clean of other opinions. But based on your comment above, it looks like you loved it!

    Laura Hartness
    The Calico Critic

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!