Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Review: Zero Day


Goodreads.com Description:

An insidious cyber-terrorist attack threatens to destroy the Western World in this debut by a leading expert on cybersecurity

Over the Atlantic, an airliner’s controls suddenly stop reacting. In Japan, an oil tanker runs aground when its navigational system fails. And in the Midwest, a nuclear power plant nearly becomes the next Chernobyl.

At first, these computer failures seem unrelated. But Jeff Aiken, a former government analyst who saw the mistakes made before 9/11, fears that there may be a more serious attack coming. And he soon realizes that there isn’t much time if he hopes to stop an international disaster.

Zero Day presents a chilling “what if” scenario written in the vein of Richard A. Clarke and Daniel Suarez.

My Thoughts:

There is a crap ton of computer lingo in this book! I love my computer, but I don't know much about how it works. There are some very intense moments in the beginning, but unfortunately they are overwhelmed by the somewhat dull and computer-speak drenched parts. I tried to push through to the end but I just couldn't get into it. I tried to skip around to see if anything near the middle/end caught my attention, but alas this was one that I just could not finish.

I'm sorry Mr. Russinovich, you obviously know your stuff, but this wasn't my cup of tea.

To be fair and balanced, I have included links to other reviews that are more positive than mine.

Reviewed: You Gotta Read Reviews
Reviewed: My Book Retreat
Reviewed: Crystal Book Reviews

Book Details

  • Hardcover: 336 pages
  • Publisher: Thomas Dunne Books (March 15, 2011)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 9780312612467

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!