Monday, January 23, 2012

Read-a-thon: A Winter's Respite *sticky*


Everyone that's ever been to my blog knows I'm a read-a-thon slut! I join up every single one of them! So when my friend Michelle announced this one..well you can tell how that turned out for me! ;)

Book Stack: 
  • The Haunting of Hill House
  • Halfway to the Grave
  • Bastion
  • All these Things I've Done
  • All's Fair in Vanities War
  • The Fallen Queen
  • The Great Gatsby (ebook)
  • The Scarlet Letter (ebook)
  • Pride and Prejudice
Update: 1/23
Book: The Great Gatsby (Ebook) start: 36/135 (end: 70/135)
Pages: 34
Challenges: Post a picture of your stack

Update: 1/24
Book: The Great Gatsby (Ebook) start: (70/135) FINISHED
Pages:65
Challenges: None

Update: 1/25
Book: The Haunting of Hill House-Shirley Jackson (12 pages)
Pages:77
Challenges: none today

Update: 1/26 & 1/27 & 1/28 and 1/29
Book: The Haunting of Hill House-Shirley Jackson (start pg 12/ end pg --)

Pages:77
Challenges:
I am failing miserably. Is there a challenge for just reading? LOL

5 comments:

  1. Great list and pic! I love the EAP art. I'm anxious to hear what you think of Hill House. I thought I would like it much better than I did. I'm also reading The Scarlet Letter, as you probably already knew! So glad you're joining me again. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you liking Gatsby? I really did. I hope you're enjoying the reading. So glad you're joining me again. =O)

    Be sure to stop by the blog and check out the mini-challenges, giveaways, and the prize page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do really like it! I just had too many distractions yesterday! I didn't get to finish! Little Man had his therapist appointment, we had to do some grocery shopping, etc. Today I WILL finish! :)

      Delete
  3. How's it going? What are you thinking of Hill House so far? I've read two so far this week. I finished The Scarlet Letter last night and I was like...meh. I'm really disappointed that I didn't like it more. =O(

    Also, wanted to remind you that I have the mid-week read-a-thon mini-challenge posted. All the links to mini-challenges/giveaways are listed below the read-a-thon banner just above the post section (below the slide show). Stop on by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, girl! I haven't been doing too great myself. See my update sticky. Quite a fail actually. And I started off the week so promising. Oh well, there's always next time, right? I do have good news. You were one of the daily winners for day six. To find out how to claim your prize, visit this post: http://thetruebookaddict.blogspot.com/2012/01/winters-respite-day-six-winnersand.html Congrats!

    You gave me an idea for the Spring read-a-thon when you said, "Is there a challenge for just reading?" I think I'm going to implement some reading sprint challenges or some mini-reading marathon challenges during the read-a-thon. What do you think? I want to make the read-a-thons more about the reading. =O)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!