Saturday, September 17, 2016

Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson


Before Peter Pan belonged to Wendy, he belonged to the girl with the crow feather in her hair… Tiger Lily. When fifteen-year-old Tiger Lily meets the alluring teenage Peter Pan deep in the forbidden woods of Neverland, the two form a bond that's impossible to break, but also impossible to hold on to. As the leader of the Lost Boys, the most fearsome of Neverland's inhabitants, Peter is an unthinkable match for Tiger Lily. However, when Wendy Darling, a girl who is everything Tiger Lily is not, arrives on the island, Tiger Lily discovers how far she is willing to go to keep Peter with her, and in Neverland.

Told from the perspective of tiny, fairy-sized Tinkerbell, Tiger Lily is the breathtaking story of budding romance, letting go and the pains of growing up.

~~My Thoughts~~

 I picked this up because Margot (I hope I spelled her name right) from Epic Reads kept mentioning it in her videos. She even said it was her favorite book, so I checked it out and thought it sounded very good. It was! Its sad, it's beautiful, it's brutal...It was awesome!

Tinkerbell was never my favorite part of the Peter Pan story. I always wanted to know more about the boys and how they came to be there in Neverland with Peter. I can't remember where I saw/read it, but I always had a distinct impression that Peter Pan wasn't such a sweet guy after all. In this book, he's more of a lost boy (no pun intended) that isn't sure what he wants, but he knows that something is missing.

From the start, I liked the way that this story was told. Tinkerbell is the narrator, but she doesn't speak to any of the characters (fairies can't talk afterall) but we hear her thoughts. She's telling us this sad story and this just works so very well!

This was one emotional roller-coaster, that I just couldn't put down! Loved it very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!